Monday, May 10, 2010

Each day Chicago lives in constant fear of Alien attacks. I witnessed the spectacle of one such attack that day. That day, the snows had just melted and spring was still a weekend away. That day was when it all took place. My knees are still wobbly with the memories of the attack!

Here is all that happened...

01 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


At the innocent little art institute intersection, a lion was trying to cross the street but no one would let him.

02 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


Feeling faux-chivalrous , I went to the nearest traffic light to push the pedestrian crosswalk signal button.

03 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


But lo! I noticed a little green alien there! In a flash, the alien climbed in and started the alien b(.)(.)bie ship...

04 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


Soon there were alien b(.)(.)bie ships all over the place!

05 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


They stood in straight lines looking very ominous!

06 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


The b(.)(.)bies mated with vampire drummers and made funky dance sounds! Worried people started calling home! I was worried too, but, forgot to call home because of all the smell...

07 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


The b(.)(.)bies were making the copper lion fart! ...and the poor guy just wanted to cross the street.

On top of that, because of the shadows in the nether world, I could not confirm if the lion was really a he. I felt guiltily sexist.

Guilt, farting Lions, sexist thoughts and Alien Boobies!!! The scene was turning really dangerous so I started running away!

08 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


Chicago is a big city, it takes a long time to run to anywhere. So before I could get to anywhere, it was dusk.

My feet were aching and it looked like it would rain anytime now. Tired, cold, about to be rain-wet and scared of alien b(.)(.)bies.

No one stood a chance! ...and just then things turned even worse!

09 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


The alien b(.)(.)bies started glowing!

10 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


They were glowing with as if they had six nipples and a purpose!

11 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


They stood tall above all and glowed at the sky, all round and rebellious! As if saying “Bring it on! We’ve got our nipples covered”

12 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


The whole city was in shock of the glowing b(.)(.)bies! Cars were scrambled at the Michigan Avenue bridge…

13 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


And scared people were running on the magnificent mile! It made them burn calories! Panic was everywhere!

14 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


All this while the alien b(.)(.)bies stood boldly, ignoring the mammoth pointy-top buildings around them

15 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


The alien b(.)(.)bies fooled my mind and made me take pictures of the same spot...

16 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


again...

17 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


...and again.
I bumped into a street bum to knock some senses back in my head, but I lost my wallet in the process.
I had to try and escape now, but how???... Idea!

18 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


Try to sneak a taxi back home and pay the fare with Wrigley's spearmint! Yes, that should work!
It was perfect! But no...

The alien b(.)(.)bies were having too much fun.

19 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


Those alien b(.)(.)bies had turned the city golden...!

I have no memories of what happened after that, but I did wake up in my own bed the next morning.

And now, here I am narrating all this to you.

A warning to the wise, an invitation to the foolish and a tale told.

20 The Attack of the Alien B(.)(.)bies!!!


Signing off from the mile.
Your other-worldly wise tourist,

shauryashaurya

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
'twas A Dark And Stormy blog by Shaurya Agarwal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at adarkandstormy.blogspot.com.